Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2019

Painting: Acrylics / Wood.



Earlier this week I introduced all four of my boys to acrylics.

Oh the fun we had! 

For our first lesson I asked my husband to cut four squares of plywood and then painted them white.

The next day I timed our workshop around naps so that I only had one of my younger children painting at a time - Mama's only got two hands!

I let each child select two out of three primary colors to start with. Then I added white to the mix. Once they had mastered the concept of blending I let them choose two more colors to work with. 

I just loved seeing the different colors we came up with and I was proud of my boys for working together, sharing colors and complimenting each other's designs.

Once our new chicken coop is finished being built my boys' first acrylic paintings will be hung on the main door to the coop.

With that project completed we ended our week with an introduction to acrylics on paper that was recieved with even more enthusiasm than the first!

...


The true work of art is but a shadow of the divine perfection. 

Michelangelo 

2 comments:

  1. I adore this!
    What wonderful time spent with your boys, teaching and learning and creating.
    Have a cozy weekend with your people. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun lessons! They did good - so did you!

    ReplyDelete