Pages

Monday, July 1, 2019

Farm Life: Neighbors.



Our neighbors truly are a blessing to our family. 

They are from Lancaster County, PA, one of the most beautiful places on earth in my opinion. Though they are not Amish, whenever I look at their garden I feel like they have brought a little bit of Amish Country down South.

They love our boys and invite them to work in their garden with them often, teaching them skills that they will use for the rest of their lives.  

Their grandchildren live out of state so they share the majority of their crop with my hungry crew. 

Could God be any more detail oriented? Placing a couple who loves to garden but cannot possibly eat all that their labor produces next door to a family who has not the time or resources to garden but loves to eat lots of vegetables! 

Potatoes, beets, cabbage, kale, peppers, tomatoes, okra, cucumbers, onions, garlic... every few days we find a bucket full of bounty on our back porch... Just writing this I am reminded of how much I have to be thankful for!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! It's a blessing for both families. Isn't it amazing how God works?

    ReplyDelete