Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2020

Farm Life: Work.





Yesterday was in the 70's so my four boys and I dressed in our 'outside clothes,' propped open the coop doors, and went to work!

We shoveled, scooped, and scrubbed our chickens' cozy little home, so lovingly built for them by my husband.

While I can't say that cleaning up chicken poop is first and foremost on my list of favorite things to do on a beautiful day,  once I get started it feels so good to accomplish the task, especially with my four enthusiastic helpers at my side.


. . .


Idleness is the enemy of the soul; and therefore the brethren ought to be employed in manual labor at certain times, at others, in devout reading. 


Saint Benedict 



1 comment:

  1. According to Stanford Medical, It's indeed the SINGLE reason women in this country live 10 years longer and weigh an average of 42 lbs lighter than we do.

    (Just so you know, it has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret exercise and EVERYTHING related to "how" they are eating.)

    BTW, I said "HOW", and not "what"...

    Tap on this link to reveal if this little questionnaire can help you find out your true weight loss possibilities

    ReplyDelete